How to Clean Commercial Wallcovering
Maintaining the life of contract wallcoverings is easy if maintenance personnel keep these points in mind:
- Always refer to the manufacturer's guidelines when cleaning wallcoverings.
- Stains should be removed as soon as possible to eliminate any reaction between the stain and the wallcovering, and to prevent permanent discoloration.
- Ordinary dirt spots can be removed with a mild soap and warm water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Blot dry with a soft lint-free towel.
- For difficult stains that are surface deep, use of a stronger detergent is recommended. Try an inconspicuous spot first, before attempting an entire wall. Always rinse after applying a detergent. Abrasive rubbing of spots should be avoided.
- Do not use steel wool, powdered cleaners, or active solvent-type preparations, such as nail polish remover, tar and bug removers, etc. as they may damage the wallcovering.
- Textile wallcoverings are decorative and require care in cleaning. Occasional vacuuming will remove most of the dirt and lint, and maintain the product's fresh look and appearance.